I was nominated for another Liebster award by Scarlett’s BPD Corner. Everyone please take some time to check out her blog, it is full of some bold, very personal and real content. I admire the way she is able to put herself out there in such an exposed way. I’m not sure I would have the courage to be that open.
What’s the Liebster Award?:
It’s an award in which bloggers nominate other bloggers for showing respect to their works and their dedication. It’s an appreciation and recognition for all the fellow bloggers out there in the blogosphere.
Rules For Accepting It:
- Write about it on your blog and thank the person who nominated you , write about their blog too.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Nominate 5 to 10 blogs which you feel deserve it.
- Let the nominees know that you nominated them.
“Don’t forget to create 10 questions for them to answer. Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they’ll know what to do. Once you’re done, come back here and comment with the link to your post so I can check out your answers.”
Questions from Scarlett’s BPD Corner
I’ll start off by saying for the first three questions, I will simply list some that I like. Saying which would be my top or favorite is too difficult.
1. What are your top 5 movies?
It’s A Wonderful Life; The Usual Suspects; The Empire Strikes Back; To Kill a Mockingbird; The Deer Hunter
2. What are your top 5 bands?
This is a really tough one, there is just too much great music out there. Townes Van Zandt; Iron & Wine; Johnny Cash; Misfits; Clutch
3. What are your top 5 books?
I am going to go with writers instead of single works. Emily Dickinson; Virginia Woolf; Truman Capote; John Muir; Edward Abbey
4. What gets you inspired to write?
I don’t know that anything really inspires me. For the most part, I enjoy doing it but I never try to force anything. If I get an idea, I write about it.
5. What would you do with 1 billion dollars?
I would give most of it away and then I would do whatever the hell I wanted to do, for the rest of my life.
6. Is blogging helpful for you in any way?
Yeah, it is a good outlet. I think it is important to keep yourself involved in some type of creative activity.
7. What makes you happy?
Last week we finally got some snow. I had a snowball fight with my wife and daughter. That made me pretty happy.
8. Have you found your purpose in life?
I have no idea. Maybe. While I certainly am haunted by a lot of the questions about life which other people are, I’ve never been on a search for purpose.
9. Are you a day person or a night owl?
I would say both. I have always had issues with sleep so I stay up late but I still get up early.
10. Do you like coffee?(I LOVE coffee) How do you like your coffee?
That would be a yes. As a matter of fact, I am making a conscious effort to drink less coffee because I like it too much. Cream and sugar.
My nominees are:
And here are my questions for you:
1. What hobby would you get in to if time and money weren’t an issue?
2. What is the most annoying question that people ask you?
3. What’s something you’ve been meaning to try but just haven’t gotten around to it?
4. Do you have a dream job? What would it be?
5. If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make?
6. If you could make a 20 second phone call to yourself at any point in your life present or future, when would you call and what would you say?
7. What do you do to deal with stress?
8. Do you have any pets? What are their names?
9. What is something that is really popular/cool right now that really annoys you?
10. Do you have a favorite book/story from your childhood?